Some of my favourite rides the the 128,000 kilometres (80,000 miles) I’ve had certified by the Iron Butt Association include
- Being the first person in Australia to ride a 125cc motorcycle 1600+ k’s in a day. (since been done by others on 125’s plus one a modified CT110 and another on a heavily modified CT90 – Amazing rides!)
- The current record ride on the smallest bike to be ridden 2000 k’s in one day in Australia CBR125R.
- The current record ride on the smallest bike to complete the Australian 50CC (Melbourne to Darwin in less than 50 hours) on my CBR125R.
- With Karl Pirchmoser being the first riders to successfully complete the Australian Hell to Heaven – Lake Eyre to Charlotte Pass in one day (lowest to highest points in Australia)
- Successfully completing Australia’s first IBA Certified Dusty Butt – 1600+km on gravel roads in one day. Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
- World record for the smallest bike to complete a Dusty Butt – 1644kms on gravel roads on a Yamaha WR250R
- The current record ride on the smallest bike to complete the Australian 100CCC Gold (Newcastle-Perth-Newcastle in less than 100hours) on an unmodified Honda CBR250R
- My longest certified ride in one day is Port Augusta SA to Darwin NT (Centreline 24) – 2725kms Honda ST1300A – Ridden as part of a longer ride.
- Titanium Mile Eater certification for 60 Individual IBA Certified Rides including 15 Gold, Insanity or >48 hour rides.
I am a member of the Iron Butt Association. I’ve done 61 individual Iron Butt Rides certified since October 2011. Some rides attracted multiple certifications because of distances and timing.
All the rides listed on this site are documented, witnessed and have either been certified by the IBA, are currently pending certification or are of an IBA distance and verified some other way without certification. An example of the latter would be a Long Distance Rally.
SS1600K: 1600km in 24hrs
SS2000K: 2000km in 24hrs
SS2000M – 2000 miles (3220kms) in 48 hrs
BB2500K: 2500km in 36 hrs
Extreme rides are rides that take most of 24 hours, are more than 48 hours in duration. This doesn’t necessarily coincide with the IBA’s definition, for example I consider riding a 125cc bike 2000km in one day extreme, usually an SS2000K is not considered so.
4 thoughts on “About Wombattle”
Hi Wom – I love the look and feel of your site. I have not read through many of the rides yet, so I have a reason to keep coming back – thanks
Hi Wom, I love the website. Great inspiration for me to spend some time updating and modernising mine. I have not read through all the ride report yet, so I have a reason now to keep visiting.
By the way, your rides are Awsome too mate!
Awsome website, readable, easy to navigate and factional, I love it !