Some of my favourite rides the the 128,000 kilometres (80,000 miles) I’ve had certified by the Iron Butt Association include
- Being the first person in Australia to ride a 125cc motorcycle 1600+ k’s in a day. (since been done by two others on 125’s plus one a modified CT110 and another on a heavily modified CT90 – Amazing rides!)
- The current record ride on the smallest bike to be ridden 2000 k’s in one day in Australia CBR125R.
- The current record ride on the smallest bike to complete the Australian 50CC (Melbourne to Darwin in less than 50 hours) on my CBR125R.
- With Karl Pirchmoser being the first riders to successfully complete the Australian Hell to Heaven – Lake Eyre to Charlotte Pass in one day (lowest to highest points in Australia)
- Successfully completing Australia’s first IBA Certified Dusty Butt – 1600+km on gravel roads in one day. Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
- The current record ride on the smallest bike to complete the Australian 100CCC Gold (Newcastle-Perth-Newcastle in less than 100hours) on an unmodified Honda CBR250R
- My longest certified ride in one day is Port Augusta SA to Darwin NT (Centreline 24) – 2725kms Honda ST1300A – Ridden as part of a longer ride.
I am a member of the Iron Butt Association and FarRiders. I’ve had more then 47 individual Iron Butt Rides certified since October 2011. Some rides attracted multiple certifications because of distances and timing.
All the rides listed on this site are documented, witnessed and have either been certified by the IBA, are currently pending certification or are of an IBA distance and verified some other way without certification. An example of the latter would be a Long Distance Rally.
SS1600K: 1600km in 24hrs
SS2000K: 2000km in 24hrs
SS2000M – 2000 miles (3220kms) in 48 hrs
BB2500K: 2500km in 36 hrs
Extreme rides are rides that take most of 24 hours, are more than 48 hours in duration. This doesn’t necessarily coincide with the IBA’s definition, for example I consider riding a 125cc bike 2000km in one day extreme, usually an SS2000K is not considered so.